Parents Athletics Meeting Oct. 24
If you have a 7th- or 8th-grade girl who will be playing basketball, or a 7th- or 8th-grade boy who will be playing soccer, please join us on Monday, Oct. 24, at 5:30pm in the Freeman gym. We will have a meeting with the coaches to talk about game schedules and practices, as well as volunteer opportunities for parents.
2016-2017 Membership Form
What is the Mustang Club?
The O. Henry Mustang Club is the official booster club for all athletics at O. Henry Middle School (OHMS). Founded in 1998 to consolidate fundraising efforts to benefit all Mustang athletes, the Mustang Club’s mission is:
- To promote school spirit and pride among O. Henry students, faculty, administration, and parents,
- To support student athletes in efforts to achieve their middle school athletic goals, and
- To support OHMS athletics in maintaining and improving athletic offerings to students, athletic facilities, and equipment.
Athletic participation has proven to be a great tool for students to stay motivated academically and to learn important team skills that will carry through to life experiences. OHMS student participation in athletics is at record levels, and we want to continue to encourage and support our students in their athletic endeavors.
AISD funds the following sports for 7th and 8th graders:
- Boys: tackle football & soccer
- Girls: volleyball, basketball, & cheerleading
- Boys: basketball, track & tennis
- Girls: track, soccer, tennis, & cheerleading
Unfortunately, AISD does not fund all sports to the level of participation we have at OHMS, nor do they fund intramural sports (lacrosse, golf & ultimate Frisbee). The Mustang Club, with your generous donations, provides funds to close these financial gaps and financially supports the nonfunded sports. This allows all students who try out to be on a team in their chosen sport.
We ask for a contribution of $100 per sport that your child plans to participate in AND that each family join the Mustang Club for $25. You do not have to have a child involved in OHMS sports to support the Mustang Club!