• Home
  • Archive by category 'History'

Archive for ‘History’

1953 Statesman article about opening of O. Henry Junior High

O. Henry first opened its doors for classes in September of 1953. The local newspaper included a story about it on August 25 of that year entitled “Austin School System Swings Into New Era” with an accompanying photo of the new campus at Exposition and West 10th Street.

Details about O. Henry are limited to a short summary, however, because the article’s primary focus was on Austin’s transition from a single high school town to a three high school city (William B.…

Read more →
 
© 2011-2017 O. Henry Middle School
2610 West 10th Street, Austin, TX 78703 / 512-414-3229