Pete Price, OHMS Principal
We hope you and your family thoroughly enjoyed Spring Break!
It’s that time of year once again. STAAR testing begins the week of March 30:
- Monday, March 30–Writing Part 1 (7th grade)
- Tuesday, March 31–Writing Part 2 (7th grade) and Reading (8th grade)
School will not be in session March 16-20. Have a wonderful, safe vacation!
No Place for Hate Activities
Thanks to the Student Council and teacher sponsors Brittany McCulloch and Ashley Stanley, for organizing the following activities for this week:
- Monday, March 9 -‘Merica Monday (We want YOU to stop hate!) – wear Red White and Blue
- Tuesday, March 10 – Tie Off Hate – wear a tie to school
- Wednesday, March 11 – Walk in Someone’s Shoes – switch shoes with a friend/wear mismatched shoes
- Thursday, March 12 – Put a Cap on Hate – wear a hat to school
- Friday, March 13 - Brighten Someone’s Day – wear neon
Incoming 7th and 8th graders: Please submit them ASAP.
Incoming AHS 9th graders: Please submit them by Wednesday, March 4.
For 7th graders and Their Parents – National Junior Honor Society Informational Meeting
There will be another informational meeting for 7th grade students and parents on March 4 at 3:45 in the Cafeteria. (The first one was last Friday.) Students only need to attend one of these meetings and parents are welcome to the March 4th meeting. NJHS is a national organization which recognizes students for their achievements in academic scholarship, leadership, service, and character. At O. Henry, NJHS members participate in many service activities to benefit their campus and community.…
Bad Weather Ahead
The weather looks dicey the next couple of days. If the start of school is delayed, we’ll be using our Late Start Day Bell Schedule (see attachment). Drive carefully!
Incoming 7th graders: 6th grade students worked on their choice sheet with their counselor last week. The choice sheets will be coming home by Monday, Feb. 23 and are due back (signed by parents) to the counseling office by Friday, Feb. 27.
Incoming 8th graders: 7th grade students have already completed their choice sheets with their counselor. Students need to get a parent signature and turn their choice sheets into the counseling office ASAP.…Read more →