On Oct. 2, representatives from our PTA, administration, and faculty allocated the profits from the 2015 Mustang Round Up. Here are some of the items that we will be purchasing for the 2015-16 school year:
- English/Language Arts (ELA)—magazines, grammar and writing books, laptops, money to pay for substitute teachers while ELA teachers grade writing
- Math—books, supplemental materials
- Science—rockets, chemicals, goggles, gloves, compound microscopes, spring …
Read more →
After thoughtful consideration, the PTA Executive Board Nominations Committee developed a slate of officers to serve for the school year of 2014-15. The nominees accepted the request to serve. The following slate will be presented for election at the O. Henry General PTA Meeting at noon on April 17, 2014.
O. Henry PTA Executive Board Slate
- 1st Vice President (President Elect): Ashley Putnam
- Vice-President of Support: Erika Brown
- Vice-President of Communications: Mona Taylor
- Vice-President of Fundraising: Sharon Hornfischer
- Treasurer: Heather Sendera
- Treasurer Elect: Tina Straus
- Secretary: Cherylann Campbell
General PTA Meeting
OHMS PTA invites parents and teachers to join us in the O. Henry Library on April 18 at noon for our General Meeting to elect new PTA Officers. The following is the Nominating Committee’s proposed slate of officers for the 2013-14 Executive Board of the PTA.
Austin ISD will hold a bond election on Saturday, May 11. This bond election will provide funding to improve facilities and learning conditions for children across the school district. It’s anticipated that this will be a low voter turnout election so parents must show up at the polls and vote!
Please make note of these important dates:
Learn all about the bond at http://www.austinisd.org/bond. See lists of projects by school at http://www.austinisd.org/bond/bond-program/by-school
Austin Council of PTAs…