After a successful 2018 Mustang Round Up fundraiser, the O. Henry PTA was able to present over $70,000 in grants for Teacher Wishlists. Enjoy these photographs from the presentation of these funds.
Round Up is the O. Henry PTA’s main fundraiser that provides funding for staff Wish List requests each fall. These requests directly benefit EVERY student during THIS academic school year. Due to the generous support of our families and community, the PTA is proud they can grant $70,000 to support the following Wish List requests:
• $30,000 in new technology such as Chromebooks, desktop computers, LCD writing tablets, and Vex Robotics Kits for various departments and the library
• $15,500 for the Fine Arts (Choir, Band, Orchestra, Art, Dance, and Theatre) for risers, instruments, music, costumes, and other equipment
• $5,000 for Science supplies for innovative labs and activities
• $4,000 to support Electives and ESL
• $2,900 in supplemental pay for staff who have taken on additional responsibilities on our campus
• $2,800 for AVID college visits and end of year celebration
• $2,600 for Physical Education and Health for equipment, jerseys, and supplies
• $2,500 for Mustang Day, a schoolwide event on the last day of school
• $1,400 for English Language Arts for magazines, online subscriptions, headphones with microphones, and other materials
• $1,300 for Social Studies to purchase class sets of atlases and online subscriptions
• $1,200 for our Counselors to support Career Day and provide counseling supplies
• $1,000 for Office & Cheer for art supplies to foster school spirit
We are excited to announce that the O. Henry DirectorySpot App is now available! Your DirectorySpot data will match what you gave to AISD when you registered your student(s) this current year. Your family’s listing can be edited but it will be every family’s responsibility to make changes in their own family entry. You may only make changes on a desktop or laptop computer, not on a cell phone.
Your family information is included in DirectorySpot if you:
• Agreed to have an email address in the Directory
• Have given an email address(es) to AISD when registering their child(ren) for school.
You will receive an email from DirectorySpot directing you how to log on to their system. If you previously used Directory Spot at another school, just log in using your existing username and password and you can easily switch between all the directories you have access to.
If you did not “Opt-In” to be included in the school directory, then you will not receive a login.
For Smartphone Users:
Launch DirectorySpot, enter your email address as your Username, and click on “Reset Password.”
Click on the link in your email to set your password, relaunch the DirectorySpot app, and login with your username and password.
For Tablet, Mac, or PC Users:
Go to directoryspot.net and click on “Login” in the upper right hand corner.
Enter your email address as your Username, and click on “Reset Password.” An email will be sent to you with a link to set your password.
Click on the link in your email to set your password and login.
Note – if downloading to an iPad, just search for “iPhone apps” and you will find DirectorySpot.
Make sure to check out all the features, such as the auto dial when you click on a phone number, or the auto launching of maps when you click on an address. If you hold down the cell phone number, you will get an option to send a text or call the number (iPhone only). DirectorySpot will even create an email if you click on someone’s email address.
For help editing or changing information for your own family, or if you have any other questions, please contact Heather Chesney at email@example.com.
Our annual Mustang Round-Up is a fun-filled evening at O. Henry Middle School the whole family will enjoy. Mark your calendar now for Friday, Sept. 28, 2018 from 4:00-7:00 PM. Round-Up includes a middle school dance, carnival games, sports booths, tasty food, and much, much more.
Round Up is the largest PTA fundraising event of the school year, both in scale and in proceeds. The entire front lawn of O. Henry is transformed into a carnival site, and the fun extends inside to a dance in the gym, games in Café O. Henry, and more.
To make Round Up a success we depend upon the help of dozens of volunteers and the generosity of our neighborhood businesses for support. Watch for this site for updates about Round Up and sign up sheets for available shifts that let you enjoy the fun and support our school with your assistance.
Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year O. Henry’s school web site will be hosted by the district and managed by AISD employees. Information like bell schedules, faculty rosters, class descriptions, and sports information will now be available at the new OHMS web site located at:
The PTA site you are viewing now will continue to provide information about our steadfast efforts to help promote an enriching and nurturing learning environment and exceptional middle school experience for all our students. You’ll find information about fundraising events like Round Up and our spring Golf Tournament, as well as opportunities to show your support by joining the PTA and volunteering.
Should you have any questions or suggestions regarding the new PTA web site please contact PTA President Tammy Cochran at firstname.lastname@example.org