You do not need to contact the attendance office before an absence.
The note can be brought to the office, faxed to 512-477-7428, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from a parent email address on file with OHMS, and must include:
- Student’s first and last name
- Student’s ID number
- Date(s) of the absence
- Reason for the absence
- Parent/guardian’s signature (not required for email) and telephone number.
Questions? Contact Tim Tierney, O. Henry’s Attendance Specialist, at 512-414-7110 or via email at email@example.com
- Attendance is taken by teachers. Please contact the teacher of the class in which your child was marked absent. If there was a substitute, the teacher can verify work turned in, or done during this class period.
- If a student misses half of the class period, it will be counted as an absence.
- Absences may be made up by attending homework club (MON through THU 3:45-4:45pm, TUE through THU 7:45-8:15am).
- It is the student’s responsibility to schedule and attend homework club. Failure to do so may result in denial of credit for the semester and/or school year.
- Tardies accumulate for all classes. Excessive tardies will result in disciplinary action.
- You may check your student’s current attendance online in the Parent Cloud.
- Letters will be mailed periodically to parents to notify them of excessive absences.
- If possible, BEFORE the school day begins, please send a note requesting permission for your student to leave at a specific time.
- If this is not possible, please stop at the Attendance Counter in the main office to request that your student be released from class.
- In either case, your student will be sent to the main office to meet you. You will be required to sign her/him out.
- Your child cannot be picked up by someone that is not on the pickup list. Please come into the office with your ID to fill out a form to make changes to the pickup list.
This year we will be offering homework club before and after school. After school homework club will be held Monday-Thursday from 3:45pm-4:45pm in the library. Morning homework club will be held Tuesday-Thursday from 7:45am-8:15am in the DLL next to the library.
Students who are eligible to ride the late bus will be provided with a wristband to ride the bus if they attend after school homework club. Homework club provides the opportunity for students to work on their homework on campus with the support of a school staff member.
Students will have access to computers during homework club to complete assignments requiring computer use. Homework club will also be utilized for credit recovery and attendance recovery this school year. If you have any questions about homework club please email Mr. Brunner (firstname.lastname@example.org).